Thursday 18 October 2012

The beginning


Over the past few months I have been throwing away greenstuff like its gone totally out of fashion but behind this there is a reason. I have been improving my sculpting and my skills for a reason. I want to sculpt miniatures bases and possibly even tanks cars ect ect in the future. But like we all have to make money and since loosing my job due to the economical climate and being unable to fit somewhere else I have found myself in a catch 22 situation.

I'm too old for some things but still to young to sit about and fill in endless application forms in McDonald's to only be told that the management position that I was applying for has already been filled by someone just over half my age. Not to mention since 2001 I have suffered with constant agony with nerve damage and a condition called Chronic pain syndrome of high serverity since I was hit in the back by the forks of a forklift truck at work so I have found it very hard to return to a manual job

So with that in mind what I present to you is me moving forward looking for gain full employment within my own set up. 



Spectre Scenic’s has been launched in March of 2011 with my own core product concepts and a ethos of providing people with the best product I can physically make and adding other lines and products that I can make I want more realism, believable scale and uncompromising quality whilst trying to deliver fair pricing than some other people in big organisations selling there own products.

At Spectre Scenic’s we hope to produce products that help us gain the popularity of peoples hearts minds and bank balances leading to more customer centric attitude manufacturing items that are to be used in the most popular of miniature war-games.

Ill admit here we do not have staff that can try hands at painting at the level of some of the bigger producers but we have the drive and spirit to offer great products and in all scales, no project is too big and we pride ourselves on no detail too small.

Having modelled sculpted for over 20 years and having sculpted more models than I care to remember I started from blobs of mill put back in the day to now be producing great textured floors and miniatures for my own private collection that have had rave reviews from my friends and just as importantly my opponents I hope to bring these very same products to you.


Right now we have a few things going on, Each base is 25mm round detailed with battlefield debris from our scenic range. These are ideal for displaying personalities, role playing characters and for huge awesome effect whole armies! Sets of ten usually retail for about but for larger quantities I can readily supply as many as you would require just contact me so I can do the figures and work it out. 



I will be expanding the ranges that I have soon to include cavalry sized bases, Monster sized bases and many more sizes. If you need I will be more than happy to update you about the size and range I am working on at present.
I am currently working on larger sizes for my ranges, these include

Rounded


25x65mm rounded bike bases in the Virmire, Sovereign, Reaper, Pallivan and the Tchunka range

Round 60mm diameter bases in the Virmire, Sovereign, Reaper, Pallivan and the Tchunka range.
Round 40mm diameter bases in the Virmire, Sovereign, Reaper, Pallivan and the Tchunka range.

Square


20x20mm square bases in the virmire range.

25x25mm square bases in the virmire range.
25x50mm square bases for cavalry in the virmire range.
40x40mm square bases for monsters In the virmire range.

The more joy I get from this will lead to other products like just for instance a re sculpted vision of the Ass Cannon ? Possibly even my version of the classic jugger ? Who knows


Ill have pictures available soon but for now Id like to thank you for reading this post, Hopefully it will be the first of many for many years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment